Creating a perfect environment for giving can be a carefully balanced dance that is perfected over time. The most important tip is to ALWAYS HAVE AN END RESULT. Figure out what the goal is and aim for that. Otherwise, you may be all over the place doing the tango back and forth. Here are some tips on creating this perfect environment for giving:
Adding a PowerPoint to your Live Auction will not only showcase your live items,but it is also visually appealing. People are attracted to large images and have a very short concentration span. Tease them with a visually appealing image and let them taste what you are auctioning. Use images to generate excitement and dollars! What more could you ask for than Lakers tickets with a picture of Kobe Bryant. They may never meet Kobe, but the thought of possibly meeting him is there.
- Powerpoint Tips:
- Place one item per slide
- Put the item Number on the slide
- Place the Title on the slide
- Add a Graphic (1 or 2)
- Who donated it (example What class/teacher)
- Bullet point description of the item
- Following these steps will create interest to sell the item. Most of all it will keep your guests focused and bid!
2. MISSION PROMOTION
Remind your guests why they are there. It is easy to get lost in conversation, food, drinks and networking. Tell a story through pictures and quotes. Keep your audience focused on the mission and the big picture of how they are benefiting a cause.
3. WALLPAPER IT UP!
Your guests want to have fun, this is a night away to mingle and give back! So, have fun with it. Be creative! Mix your slides up using the tips below and you have what we call Auction Wallpaper. This can be rotating in the background on your tv’s to remind your audience about why they are there.
- Compile 100-200 pictures to show your great cause
- Have them on a 3-5 second loop
- Add quotes form past guests and sponsors
- Add Sponsors Logos
- Include Auction items
- Display the Sponsors Logos
- Add any other Facts about the Charity
1. Have a goal!
2. Remind your guests of the mission you are promoting
3. Be creative!